Friday, 1 April 2016

New(ington) kid on the block

Sadly I was unable to make it along to the bloggers event of new restaurant and bar Southpour on Newington Road. Judging by their Twitter feed photos it looked like I missed a fab afternoon!  However, I went along with my family on opening day to try it out and I'm glad I did. News of the new arrival had clearly spread as it was packed and buzzing when we arrived - thankfully we booked a  table. The staff must have thought I'd been sent to test them as I arrived with hubby, toddler and a 2 month old baby! 


We were shown to our table by our friendly waiter who kindly gave Paige some lovely brand new toys and books. A huge big 'tick' from me straight away. 





Coffee was good!


Paige's starter was a mug of delicious homemade mushroom and sweet potato soup. Finally! A kids menu that doesn't consist of chicken nuggets.





Paige's Fish & Chips with mushy peas was lovely (and I don't really like fish!). Fresh and light crispy batter. 


My Macaroni Cheese with n'duja sausage was cheesy, spicy and creamy - delicious. 


Hubby went for the steak sandwich and added a mug of soup. Yum! 


As if we didn't have enough to eat we got some potato skins with haggis and cheese. What's not to like?! 

If you're looking for a family friendly lunch spot or after work drinks, this new addition gets my thumbs up. With weekend entertainment and lunch deals from £5 I'm sure Southpour will do great in its new home. 

Southpour 
1-5 Newington Road
Www.southpour.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment